Smart Pinterest Marketing Tactics You Can’t Ignore
Pinterest has put his mark on businesses in the last year, without a doubt it’s a must-have for everyone trying to sell or purchase anything you can imagine. Even 3.5 months after you’ve pinned something, your pins will still get traffic to your website which can lead to even more sales in the long run. Social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter (a lifetime value of a post a few hours) don’t even come close to what Pinterest can do.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity! Become a Pinterest marketing expert today!
1. Rich pins
Rich pins are a great way to boost your business. Product Rich pins don’t only contain information but people who have re-pinned your pins will get notified when you make changes such as your prices. This is a great way to keep people up to date with your newest sales because they will be notified through mail. It doesn’t stop here because you will also be eligible for Pinterest feeds. Let’s get selling!
2. Be smart
You want to use smart ways of pinning, creating some volume is always good. When you release a new product keep it fresh. You want to keep people interested. Pinterest is a great way to re-direct people to your own website or store.
Here are some tips:
- Be mysterious. Pins without faces tend to work better.
- Use the right colours: Pins using primary colours will be re-pinned more, keep this in mind.
- Size: They might say size doesn’t matter, this isn’t true when pinning. Pins with larger sizes get re-pinned more often.
- Timing: Try pinning when the traffic on Pinterest is at its largest. When other people are pinning they’re more likely to see yours.
- Blog: A blog is a great way to show off new and beautiful content, so start one!
You want to inspire your followers. People aren’t interested in your problems. Sell your ideas, make boards about a certain lifestyle topic instead of just a board with your products. This will likely improve your sales. Ask yourself: what would you want to see while shopping?
4. Play it smart, investigate the market
Look at your audience, what do they want? Is your audience mainly male or female? What are they looking for and what pins are more popular? You can easily create boards and pin content by category. It makes it easier for people to go through it and lure them to right section.
5. People like challenges
Try running a contest, when done right this can improve your traffic a lot! Be careful and read the Pinterest contest guidelines first. Some versions of contests aren’t permitted; you don’t want to get in trouble, do you?
Here are some tips:
- Creativity is attractive! Be original, keep it fun.
- Make it worthwhile. For example, hand out a coupon to the person that wins
- Look around. You might get some ideas out of other contests.
- The digital age: Certain apps can help you organize your contests (Gleam, Wishpond and even Facebook)
6. Work with other people
A lot of Pinterest marketing is looking for pinners out there with the same interests, the same visions that would love to partner up with you. You can use them to drive more traffic to your pins and website. This is a great way to expand your brand. Often pinners will do this in exchange for a small fee or some advertising.
7. Involve your followers
By involving your followers you can get more exposure, it’s highly recommended to use community boards. By contributing to other pinners boards yourself you can also gain more attention. A great way to do this is to let costumers make pictures of themselves with your product and pin them, you’ll get more exposure in no time!